The Benefits of Traditional Chinese Medicine towards respiratory health
Asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are a few examples that plague one’s health. Asthma alone affects approximately 5% of the world’s population and is the most common visit to the emergency room due to shortness of breath. While COPD has become the fourth leading cause of death worldwide.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is widely known for its effects towards resolving pain and mental illness however its efficacy for treating respiratory health in combination with other therapies is often underestimated.
The principle of TCM is to recognize health as a whole and not just its pulmonary condition.
TCM focus’ on regulating the body’s self-healing mechanisms, maximize function and recovery, decrease inflammation, and boost immunity. The effects that acupuncture, moxibustion, and herbal medicine have towards treating respiratory syndromes are similar to the actions of medications. Many medications dilate structures to help relax the muscles of the chest wall to promote smooth airflow or reduce swelling in the lungs to increase functional lung capacity. TCM techniques not only achieve these actions but also have the bonus ability to influence stress management to maintain and improve airflow and quality of breathing by calming the mind to continue blood circulation and reduce contraction of muscle tissue that may obstruct breathing ability.
At the Huatuo clinic, treatments are specifically designed for each patient’s needs to establish a healthy respiratory system.
- How acupuncture stimulates anti-inflammatory responses for mental health improvementInflammation is the body’s natural defense against harm however it also plays a key role in our healing mechanisms. Inflammation may be generated for a variety of reasons, by hypersensitivity of the immune system, exposure to irritants, autoimmune disorders, or previous inflammation that has not been resolved. If inflammation becomes chronic it can lead to …
- The Benefits of Acupuncture for AddictionThe Doctors at Huatuo clinic use Traditional Chinese medicine techniques and philosophies, to bring your beauty regime to a new level without invasive treatments.
- Special 2020 holiday hours are hereOur updated operation hours for the upcoming holiday season are here.
December 24, 2020: closed
December 25, 2020: closed
December 26, 2020: closed…
- What is Acupuncture’s Role in Pain ManagementAcupuncture is one of the most frequently used alternative medicine modalities in the world. In 2019 the United States of America passed legislation ensuring access to acupuncture for military members and military dependents. In Canada Acupuncture is a regulated profession in Alberta, B.C., Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland.
- Dr. Dennis LeeHaving a unique integrated background in both Western sciences and Traditional Chinese Medicine Dr. Lee has a very unique approach to clinical practice. Specializing in the areas of pain management, mental health, and fertility, Dennis strongly emphasizes the importance of preventative medicine as an integral component of treatment.