How Traditional Chinese Medicine influences better sleep
Sleep is one of the most significant ways to promote brain function and healing. Almost every type of tissue and system in the body is dependent on a good night’s sleep. Research has demonstrated that a lack of sleep or poor-quality sleep increases the risk of disorders such as mental health conditions, brain fog and lack of concentration, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. According to the American Sleep Association, 35% of people aged 20-49 get less than the recommended 7 hours of sleep, with 10% of people suffering from chronic insomnia.
The root of most types of insomnia is stress, followed by substance or stimulant use, shift work, poor sleep habits, lack of exercise, and other health issues. Western Medicine aids sleep disorders by focusing on lifestyle habits that disrupt sleep. When changes are adjusted and sleep does not further improve, medications may be prescribed. More often these medications are meant to be used short-term but often become chronically needed. Some medications also come with side effects that may continue to contribute to poor sleep habits and may become the source of new health problems.
Natural remedies such as diet changes, CBD products, blue light filters, limiting screen usage, and stress management are common, however, they may also be ineffective or make minimal difference.
At Huatuo Clinic, our doctors and residents provide acupuncture, moxibustion, and herbal formulas as a holistic option for rejuvenating sleep. Traditional Chinese Medicine works as a whole to rebalance the mind and body by stimulating the parasympathetic system to bring the brain into a restful state. This process stimulates the brain’s natural sources of melatonin hormone to activate rest and sleep.
The improvements from our treatments can include falling asleep quicker, staying asleep longer, and waking more rested. These results are obtained from the concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine to not just target the distractions and symptoms that trigger your poor sleep, but also address secondary signs that may contribute to other health concerns to create the most effective treatment for you.
- Residents’ Clinic PromotionExperience the best in acupuncture at Huatuo Clinic! Our 3 free treatments acupuncture promotion with residents is now available.
- National Injury Prevention Day: Harnessing the Preventative Power of AcupunctureNational Injury Prevention Day provides an important platform to highlight various approaches to injury prevention. Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) offer unique perspectives and techniques that can effectively contribute to preventing injuries. Acupuncture, as a key component of TCM, can play a valuable role in preventing injuries and promoting overall well-being. By integrating … Read more
- Dr. Mingshan LuDr. Mingshan Lu Doctor of Acupuncture, TCMD, Ph.DDirector of Research, Director of Huatuo Cancer Care Languages: English, Chinese, Mandarin Dr. Mingshan Lu, Ph.D., TCMD, is a highly respected health economist, educator, and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) doctor with over 30 years of experience in research and teaching in health economics. She is a Professor in … Read more
- Welcome the Summer Season with San Fu Jiu (San Fu Moxibustion)As the sun graces us with its warmth and vitality, we invite you to embark on a journey of holistic well-being and embrace the rejuvenating energy of the summer season. Join us in celebrating the beginning of summer with our exclusive San Fu Jiu (Moxibustion therapy, a time-honored practice that harmonizes your body and revitalizes … Read more
- Men’s Health Awareness Month: Elevating Men’s Health Through AcupunctureWelcome to Huatuo Clinic, where we specialize in holistic healthcare solutions. Our dedicated team of acupuncture practitioners understands the unique health needs of men and offers tailored treatments to promote well-being and vitality. In recognition of Men’s Health Awareness Month, we are highlighting the powerful connection between men’s health and acupuncture. The Benefits of Acupuncture … Read more