How Traditional Chinese Medicine influences better sleep
Sleep is one of the most significant means for brain function and healing. Almost every type of tissue and system in the body is dependent on a good night’s sleep. Research has demonstrated that a lack of sleep or poor-quality sleep increases the risk of disorders such as mental health conditions, brain fog and lack of concentration, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity. According to the American Sleep Association 35% of people aged 20-49 get less than the recommended 7 hours of sleep. With 10% of people suffering from chronic insomnia.
The root of most types of insomnia is stress. Followed by a substance or stimulant use, shift work, poor sleep habits, lack of exercise, and other health issues. Western Medicine aids sleep disorders by focusing on lifestyle habits that disrupt sleep. When changes are adjusted and sleep does not further improve, medications may be prescribed. More often these medications are meant to be used short-term but often become chronically needed. Some medications also come with side effects that may continue to contribute to poor sleep habits and may become the source of new health problems.
Natural remedies such as diet changes, CBD products, blue light filters, limiting screen usage, and stress management are common, however, they may also be ineffective or make minimal difference.
At Huatuo Clinic our Doctors and residence provide acupuncture, moxibustion and herbal formulas as a holistic option for rejuvenating sleep. Traditional Chinese Medicine works as a whole to rebalance the mind and body by stimulating the parasympathetic system to bring the brain to a restful state. This process stimulates the brain’s natural sources of melatonin hormone to activate rest and sleep.
The improvements from our treatments contrast from falling asleep quicker, staying asleep longer and waking more rested. These results are obtained from the concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine to not just target the distractions and symptoms that trigger your poor sleep but also address secondary signs that may contribute to other health concerns to create the most effective treatment for you.
- The Benefits of Acupuncture for AddictionThe Doctors at Huatuo clinic use Traditional Chinese medicine techniques and philosophies, to bring your beauty regime to a new level without invasive treatments.
- Special 2020 holiday hours are hereOur updated operation hours for the upcoming holiday season are here.
December 24, 2020: closed
December 25, 2020: closed
December 26, 2020: closed…
- What is Acupuncture’s Role in Pain ManagementAcupuncture is one of the most frequently used alternative medicine modalities in the world. In 2019 the United States of America passed legislation ensuring access to acupuncture for military members and military dependents. In Canada Acupuncture is a regulated profession in Alberta, B.C., Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland.
- Dr. Dennis LeeHaving a unique integrated background in both Western sciences and Traditional Chinese Medicine Dr. Lee has a very unique approach to clinical practice. Specializing in the areas of pain management, mental health, and fertility, Dennis strongly emphasizes the importance of preventative medicine as an integral component of treatment.
- Dr. Mohamad AlmaqtariMohamad Almaqtari holds a Doctorate of Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine. He practices a form of Acupuncture that is Gentle & Noninvasive, yet very effective and balanced. He is not a proponent of using pain to treat pain, his treatments are painless. All Mohamad does is help steer your body towards homeostasis.