How Traditional Chinese Medicine benefits Psychology
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), psychology is recognized as the individual’s unique physical and emotional state, which does not differ far from Western Medicine’s view of psychology being how one behaves, thinks and feels. Both forms of medicine have separate diagnostic and treatment protocols that differ due to the distinguished attributes that each individual possesses. However, the similarity of how the mind and bodywork maintain quality of life is seen in both forms of medicine and can therefore be complementary to each other.
TCM diagnosed patterns provide a wide range of possibilities for treatment because each pattern diagnosis and treatment are customs to each patient. By interpreting psychiatric and emotional disorders as part of overall health rather than a single symptom of disease the success rate for results is exponential.
Herbal formulas and acupuncture both ease mental and emotional disorders by having a calming effect on the mind by releasing negative or excess emotions. TCM philosophies achieve this by treating from the inside out to directly affect the body, mind, and spirit. TCM modalities are advantageous to be combined in conjunction with other therapies because they provide rapid and long-lasting relief from acute to chronic psychological disorders. Acupuncture and herbal remedies can also be indicated for short-term use or long periods of time without harmful side effects. Research has also proven acupuncture and other TCM modalities to increase the effectiveness of western treatments.
The Doctors at Huatuo Clinic have extensive knowledge of TCM methodologies and experience in various treatment techniques to address psychological conditions and concerns. TCM modalities and western treatments can be combined or used alone to harmonize the mind and body. The efficacy of TCM has no side effects and is applicable to patients of all ages ranging from children to the elderly.
- The Benefits of Acupuncture for AddictionThe Doctors at Huatuo clinic use Traditional Chinese medicine techniques and philosophies, to bring your beauty regime to a new level without invasive treatments.
- Special 2020 holiday hours are hereOur updated operation hours for the upcoming holiday season are here.
December 24, 2020: closed
December 25, 2020: closed
December 26, 2020: closed…
- What is Acupuncture’s Role in Pain ManagementAcupuncture is one of the most frequently used alternative medicine modalities in the world. In 2019 the United States of America passed legislation ensuring access to acupuncture for military members and military dependents. In Canada Acupuncture is a regulated profession in Alberta, B.C., Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland.
- Dr. Dennis LeeHaving a unique integrated background in both Western sciences and Traditional Chinese Medicine Dr. Lee has a very unique approach to clinical practice. Specializing in the areas of pain management, mental health, and fertility, Dennis strongly emphasizes the importance of preventative medicine as an integral component of treatment.
- Dr. Mohamad AlmaqtariMohamad Almaqtari holds a Doctorate of Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine. He practices a form of Acupuncture that is Gentle & Noninvasive, yet very effective and balanced. He is not a proponent of using pain to treat pain, his treatments are painless. All Mohamad does is help steer your body towards homeostasis.