How Acupuncture supports Cardiovascular Diseases
Heart disease is the 2nd cause of death in Canada. Diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol also contribute to cardiovascular disease (CVD). Genetics, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and other long-standing diseases, also put cardiovascular health at risk. Many heart diseases are not curable though there are many holistic opportunities available and are effective in complementing other therapies. Most common treatment strategies for heart diseases are limited to lifestyle improvements, stress management, medications, and surgical procedures.
Along with Western Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is widely utilized for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. It has been proven that TCM has the successful ability to be used as a complementary and alternative approach to primary and secondary prevention or treatment of cardiovascular conditions and symptoms.
The TCM approach is to be multifaceted when focusing on the “root” of the problem, as well as merging secondary complaints about the most valuable treatment. TCM modalities do similar actions as medications in the sense of dilating vessels to ensure ample blood flow and circulation. TCM also influences relaxation by regulating the nervous system to maintain a restful state of the mind and body to regulate heart rate by reducing the effects of stress on the body to improve quality of life.
It has also been shown, TCM has the ability to be used as a complementary and alternative approach to primary and secondary prevention treatment.
- The Benefits of Acupuncture for AddictionThe Doctors at Huatuo clinic use Traditional Chinese medicine techniques and philosophies, to bring your beauty regime to a new level without invasive treatments.
- Special 2020 holiday hours are hereOur updated operation hours for the upcoming holiday season are here. December 24, 2020: closed December 25, 2020: closed December 26, 2020: closed December 27, 2020: closed December 28, 2020: open 9:00 am – 5:00 pm December 29, 2020: open9:00 am – 5:00 pm December 30, 2020: open 9:00 am – 5:00 pm December 31, …
- What is Acupuncture’s Role in Pain ManagementAcupuncture is one of the most frequently used alternative medicine modalities in the world. In 2019 the United States of America passed legislation ensuring access to acupuncture for military members and military dependents. In Canada Acupuncture is a regulated profession in Alberta, B.C., Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland.
- Dr. Dennis LeeDr. Dennis Lee HBSc (Biology), MSc (Cell Biology), TCMD, RAc Co-President, ACATCM Director of M.I.N.A Deputy Director, HSM Hospital (North America) Having a unique integrated background in both Western sciences and Traditional Chinese Medicine Dr. Lee has a very unique approach to clinical practice. Specializing in the areas of pain management, mental health, and fertility, …
- Dr. Mohamad AlmaqtariMohamad Almaqtari holds a Doctorate of Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine. He practices a form of Acupuncture that is Gentle & Noninvasive, yet very effective and balanced. He is not a proponent of using pain to treat pain, his treatments are painless. All Mohamad does is help steer your body towards homeostasis. Mohamad is also …