How Acupuncture supports Cardiovascular Diseases
Heart disease is the 2nd cause of death in Canada. Diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol also contribute to cardiovascular disease (CVD). Genetics, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and other long-standing diseases, also put cardiovascular health at risk. Many heart diseases are not curable though there are many holistic opportunities available and are effective in complementing other therapies. Most common treatment strategies for heart diseases are limited to lifestyle improvements, stress management, medications, and surgical procedures.
Along with Western Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is widely utilized for the treatment of cardiovascular disease. It has been proven that TCM has the successful ability to be used as a complementary and alternative approach to primary and secondary prevention or treatment of cardiovascular conditions and symptoms.
The TCM approach is to be multifaceted when focusing on the “root” of the problem, as well as merging secondary complaints about the most valuable treatment. TCM modalities do similar actions as medications in the sense of dilating vessels to ensure ample blood flow and circulation. TCM also influences relaxation by regulating the nervous system to maintain a restful state of the mind and body to regulate heart rate by reducing the effects of stress on the body to improve quality of life.
It has also been shown, TCM has the ability to be used as a complementary and alternative approach to primary and secondary prevention treatment.
- How acupuncture stimulates anti-inflammatory responses for mental health improvementInflammation is the body’s natural defense against harm however it also plays a key role in our healing mechanisms. Inflammation may be generated for a variety of reasons, by hypersensitivity of the immune system, exposure to irritants, autoimmune disorders, or previous inflammation that has not been resolved. If inflammation becomes chronic it can lead to …
- The Benefits of Acupuncture for AddictionThe Doctors at Huatuo clinic use Traditional Chinese medicine techniques and philosophies, to bring your beauty regime to a new level without invasive treatments.
- Special 2020 holiday hours are hereOur updated operation hours for the upcoming holiday season are here.
December 24, 2020: closed
December 25, 2020: closed
December 26, 2020: closed…
- What is Acupuncture’s Role in Pain ManagementAcupuncture is one of the most frequently used alternative medicine modalities in the world. In 2019 the United States of America passed legislation ensuring access to acupuncture for military members and military dependents. In Canada Acupuncture is a regulated profession in Alberta, B.C., Ontario, Quebec, and Newfoundland.
- Dr. Dennis LeeHaving a unique integrated background in both Western sciences and Traditional Chinese Medicine Dr. Lee has a very unique approach to clinical practice. Specializing in the areas of pain management, mental health, and fertility, Dennis strongly emphasizes the importance of preventative medicine as an integral component of treatment.